Koko Chaud Spice It Up
As it gets cold outside, why not heat up from the inside with this midly spiced chilli hot chocolate? It has just enough of a kick to warm you up, but balanced enough to not knock the socks off even the most spice-averse amongst us.
What do I get?
Real chocolate lovingly crafted for you to melt into a hot milk of your choice.
What's in it?
Cocoa nibs (40%), sugar, cocoa butter, milk powder corn flour (not from wheat), chilli powder, cinnamon powder - that's it!
250g, 6 serves.
Kókó Chaud are a boutique hot chocolate maker based in Lower Hutt. Amanda makes divine hot chocolates from scratch - no cocoa powder, no artificial sweeteners, just pure, quality ingredients.
How to make a steaming cup of goodness!
- Pour 200ml of milk of your choice into a 500ml - 1L microwave safe jug (your Kōkō Chaud will spill over if you use a smaller jug).
- Scoop 3 heaped tablespoons (about 30-40g) full of Kōkō Chaud into the jug. Don’t worry at this point about stirring it.
- Heat on high for 1 minute.
- Give it a good whisk.
- Heat for a further 1 to 2 minutes and give it another good whisk. If it is not as thick as you would like you can heat it a further 30 seconds to 1 minute, checking it carefully to make sure it doesn't overflow.
- Pour into a cup, let cool to preferred temperature, and enjoy!
- Pour 200ml of milk of your choice into a small to medium sized pot.
- Scoop 3 heaped tablespoons (about 30-40g) full of Kōkō Chaud into the pot.
- Heat on medium heat on the stovetop whisking from time to time, being careful not to let it bubble over or stick to the pot.
- Once it is hot and thick to your liking, pour into a cup, let it cool slightly and enjoy!